THE INFLUENCE OF ECO-LABEL, ECO-BRAND, ENVIRONMENTAL ADVERTISEMENT TOWARDS CONSUMER’S TRUST OF GREEN COSMETICS IN INDONESIA

Arqie Buana Rara, Damayanti Octavia

Abstract

Global warming is a common issue raising various movements to save the environment, including in the world of beauty. Beauty products with high chemical content from large manufacturers are considered not environmentally friendly because the process of making pollute nature. The government continues to encourage the development of industry based on the sustainability of economic value, social inclusion and protection of the environment or known as green industry. Since 2014, has reached the consensus on SIH for 17 types of industries, but the cosmetics industry does not have the Green Industry Standard. This study aims to determine the influence of eco-label, eco-brand, environmental advertisement towards consumer’s trust of green cosmetics products in Indonesia. The data collection method is distributing questionnaires to 400 respondents who have bought and used green cosmetics in Indonesia. Data processing research using IBM SPSS Statistics 23 with multiple linear regression analysis. The results showed that the variables of eco-label, eco-brand, environmental advertisement in explaining the variation of consumer’s trust variable is 36.1% and the remaining 63.9% influenced by other factors outside the study. Eco-label and eco-brand have a partially significant influence towards consumer’s trust of green cosmetics in Indonesia. Environmental advertisement does not have a partially significant influence towards consumer’s trust of green cosmetics in Indonesia.
Keywords : Eco-label, Eco-brand, Environmental Advertisement, Consumer’s Trust, Green Cosmetics

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.
max_upload :0