THE INFLUENCE OF BRAND EQUITY TOWARD INDONESIAN PREPAID SIM CARD CUSTOMERS’ PURCHASE DECISION

Haeruddin Hafid, Mahir Pradana, Muhammad Diandri, Nyimas Bunga

Abstract

As the most popular prepaid SIM card in Indonesia, Simpati still has the majority of sales in Indonesia although its price of prepaid cards are more expensive than competitors' products. However customers still prefer prepaid cards Simpati and use prepaid cards Simpati. This study investigated the effect of brand equity in the purchasing decision of prepaid cards Simpati in Bandung. The purpose of this study was to determine and analyze how much influence brand equity consisting of brand awareness, brand association, perceived quality, and brand loyalty on consumer purchasing decisions in subscribing to prepaid cards Simpati. The method used is quantitative type of research is a descriptive study and causal. Sampling was done by sampling method with sub nonprobability sampling technique that is incidental sampling. Respondents were examined in this study of 100 people who are users of prepaid cards Simpati in Bandung. The results showed that the brand equity has significantly influence the purchase decision of prepaid cards Simpati in Bandung, with simultaneous influence of 60% while the rest of 40% influenced by other factors not described in this study and based on the partial test results known that brand equity has significantly influence the purchase decision of prepaid cards Simpati in Bandung, Indonesia.
Keywords : Brand Equity, Brand Awareness, Brand Association, Perceived Quality, Brand Loyalty, Purchasing Decision

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.
max_upload :0